Thursday, July 21, 2011

Setting Sail Day 6

Well, what a day we have had! Everyone woke up excited about the cruise. We did some last minute packing, had a quick bite to eat and stopped at one more catherdral before we headed to the port. This particular cathedral had a dress code and since Teena didn't have her shoulders covered, she wasn't going to be allowed in. So her sweet brother was told to offered his shirt so she could go in.



 Den trying to act casual while waiting for his shirt. But he wasn't the only one who gave up his shirt.
I am surprised there weren't more guys hanging around with their shirts off. I should go back next week to check. :)

It was finally time to head to the port. Someone, who I won't name, decided that we should walk to the port. "It will only take 15 minutes!" they said. So we all started walking. And indeed it took us about 15 minutes to get to the port, only we were not at the port for cruise ships. That was a bit of a walk down the road, probably another 45 minutes. And it really wasn't the fact that we were walking that was bad. It was the fact that we had to walk up a huge bridge that went over the water the get to our ship.

If you look way in the back, you can see the white bridge that we walked over. I don't have an up close picture because of the terror that took over my body as we climbed the bridge. Luckily, we had a ride the next time we crossed that bridge.

When we finally made it tot he ship we were sweaty, exhausted, and hungry. We dropped our bags at our rooms and headed straight to the buffet. This was the beginning of Den and Luke earning their money back.

This was also about the time that I started to feel a little sick. I thought that I might be getting sea sick(even though the boat was still at the dock) so I took some anti nausea pills and joined everyone on the top deck. We hung out, swam, ate and just layed in the sun as Barcelona faded in the distance until it was time for dinner.

After dinner, Teena and I went back to the room because I still wasn't feeling great and Teena was tired. Everyone else went and played bingo.

My biggest fear as I fell asleep, was that I wouldn't feel well enough to go into Monocco, our first port, in the morning.